Thursday 22 October 2009

Star sightings in Wellington - Steve Coogan

Heard this one from a friend - apparently they were sitting in a restaurant right next to Steve Coogan a few weeks ago. I don't know what that means - he could have been on a short holiday here, or he could have been on some other business here.

OR, of course, he could have been in talks with 3'7" Ltd, about a certain height-challenged role in an upcoming big movie. Or two.


Am I spreading vicious rumours here? Hell yeah! I actually know absolutely nothing of why he was here, so I'm gonna let the readers make up their own minds. We don't see that many big stars here for no good reason, so I'd say there's at least a 20% chance he might have been here for talks surrounding The Hobbit.


On the other hand, I didn't actually see him myself, so maybe it was just a look-alike!

  - Jack, having a slow-news-day

3 comments:

  1. You know, I don't think Coogan would be bad at all. Of all the names I've heard thrown around for the role of Bilbo, Coogan is the only one that is actually attached to a person of the appropriate age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...also, I just discovered this blog and I LOVE it! It's great to hear news from someone who's actually near the source. KEEP IT UP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anonymous:

    Of course, he could be one of the dwarves, or even not here for Wellywood at all... Still, it's all good speculation! :)

    Welcome to my blog btw, and thanks for the kind words!

    - Jack M.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.