The new layout, as I guessed, retains the ghost dog from "The Frighteners", while they've added Gimli's scale puppet, as well as the huge handgun from "Hellboy". Also, the green and red faces I suspected were from either "Hercules" or "Xena", turned out to be in fact, from "Hercules", so that was a lucky guess.
On top of that, there are now new displays on Narnia's "Prince Caspian", "King Kong", "Indiana Jones 4", and of course, "Lord Of The Rings".
Unfortunately, I didn't have a lot of time the last few times I was there (too busy answering my guests' questions, probably), but I did take this quick snap of one (two, actually) of the displays.
As you can see, the left display features an Elven suit of armour, while the right shows a little chap I've named Elijah Wooden. He was a great horse rider, as well as being an expert boatsman(boatshobbit?). The huge gauntlet behind him was used by the black riders when reaching for the "actual" Elijah Wood.
The Weta Cave has given me express permission to feature some more photos on this blog, so if there's any requests from anyone not currently in New Zealand.
- More close-ups of Gimli Stunt Puppet
- More close-ups of Frodo's Stunt Puppet
- Close-ups of Elven Armour
- LOTR Weaponry (swords, bows, arrows, etc)
- The new mini-shields (maybe revealing the brooch-pins on the back)
- The lovely female Orc (as yet nameless)
- The Chainmaille display, with the original chainmaille making device
- Something from another movies?