Wednesday 1 July 2009

ANOTHER del Toro book signing session in Wellington!

Guillermo del Toro is making friends in Wellington, and is gracing us with a SECOND autograph session for his new book, The Strain.

This one's not at the Weta Cave though, so if you couldn't get your freezing cold body out to Miramar last time, you should be able to make this session, as it's in the middle of town, at Unity Books. Check the full details here.

Apparently Guillermo del Toro has a new favourite bookshop now that Dymocks has closed down here. At least, he's been seen there not just once but twice, according to the Wellington Dominion Post newspaper.

The session will be at 6:00pm (sharp!) next week Wednesday July the 8th. If the Weta Cave session is anything to go by, I'd say show up at 5:00pm instead. And expect to be there till 10:00pm!


I do have some extra information though.
At the Weta Cave session the only books available were the paperback version of the new book - this time there will be around 30 copies of the hardback edition available for purchase. I'm not sure if you can reserve them beforehand, but it's worth a try, I guess. The hardback edition is still rare as hens' teeth around New Zealand, so getting a signed edition is possibly the coolest thing you can own until he signs your copy of the Hobbit DVD in a year or two.

Unfortunately I won't be there myself, as I'll be on honeymoon! Of course, if anyone wanted to get me a copy as a wedding present, let me know! :)

- Jack M.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up.
    GDT is such a nice guy spending time with the fans like that. I got 3 signatures, book, a still from Pans Labrynth, and got him to sign my Blade 2 DVD. Awesome. Three cheers GDT you must have had massive hand cramp later. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @dergib

    Awesome - shame I missed it... how many people were there, you reckon?

    - Jack M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a whole heap when I left, but the queue snaked through the shop and outside. I was there early and was one of the first few in the queue. about 150 I guess.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.