Friday 29 May 2009

Chocolate Fish Cafe to reopen soon?

Another rumour I heard yesterday was that the management of the Chocolate Fish have been looking around for another coastal location on the Miramar Peninsula (aka "Wellywood") and have apparently been very interested in one particular spot, at the former Airforce base at Shelly Bay.

For those who haven't heard about this cafe before - it was the favourite hangout for a lot of the LOTR cast members back in the LOTR filming days. Due to the isolated location it was nicely secluded from the rest of Wellington, which meant everything stayed nicely "normal" for the (soon-to-be) stars.


The staff at Chocolate Frog (the former Chocolate Fish's sister Cafe) are vehemently denying the rumour, which means the chances of it being true are no higher than about 50%, I reckon. Still, that's higher than zero.


As an aside, I had my first coffee this morning at the Chocolate Fish's replacement cafe (the Scorch-o-rama, named after its location in Scorching Bay), and as far as I'm concerned it'll be my last one there. They had attrocious service, it took just over 20 minutes (!) to bring a simple cappucino and a latte out to us. The dirty dishes on our table from the previous lunchers never got cleaned up, even when the coffee finally arrived. They were grossly understaffed from what I could tell - only two people on front-of-house duty, which included clearing of tables, cashier-duties, and making the coffees, as well as waiting tables when the kitchen staff finished making the meals. Not good.

I'll stop bitching now. If I hear any other ChocFish rumours, I'll post them here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.