Thursday 27 January 2011

Peter Jackson hospitalised, Hobbit delayed (slightly)...

Early tonight it was reported that Sir Peter Jackson was hospitalised last night with a perforated stomach ulcer. The good news is that he went straight in to surgery, is currently resting comfortably, and is expected to make a full recovery.

The only minor bad news, is that there will be a "slight delay to the start of filming of The Hobbit". I'm sure things are pretty well on track at the moment, so I expect that this shouldn't impact the project in any major way.

I'm sure everyone will join me in wishing Peter a speedy and uncomplicated recovery! And perhaps some reassurances - although we're all looking forward to watching The Hobbit, please take your own time making it - nothing is worth losing your health over. We'll wait as long as it takes.


  - Jack

6 comments:

  1. Peter is an amazing fellow but he is also Human, right now he must have the weight of the world on his shoulders considering what is at stake... this is like pre Gig nerves X 10 (most likely what did in Micheal Jackson) Luckily ulcers can be fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Odentroll. And regarding ulcers being fixable - yes, now. Keep in mind that's what JRR Tolkien died from. How far we've come, in how short a time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Peter recovers soon.I have an ulcer and it isn't much fun. I must admit that I had forgotten that JRR Tolkien died from that, Jack.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jack, nothing related to the post, just wanted to say THANK YOU again for the amazing tour! I had such a good time (just in case you couldn't tell ... ;)) and will be following your blog as much as I can from now on!

    Cheers,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS: I got my hands on a copy of FotR at the Second-Hand-Bookstore you recommended (thanks!) and, luckily, that copy has a map of Middle-Earth in it. The Ford of Bruinen is neither at the Brandywine nor the Grey River -- it's the River Loudwater. I suppose it's good that we were both wrong. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about the late replies, as usual! I try to answer everything but I'm losing track of where to answer what, and whom!


    Ruth,

    All seems to be well with Sir PJ again - his spokesperson assured me last week that he's up and about again, so now worries left.


    Christine,

    So good to hear you enjoyed yourself! I'll try to post some more entries, so you have something to follow again! :)

    And I had the sneaky idea that it couldn't be the Anduin River, but was completely stumped which one it was, so thanks for clearing that up! That can go in the tours from now on!

    For anyone else reading this - the bookshop I recommended to Christine is called Arty Bees Second Hand Bookshop on Manners Street, they have a big shelf dedicated to secon hand Tolkien related goodies.

    - Jack

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.