Wednesday 17 June 2009

Pre-Production On Hobbit To Start August

The (unofficial) word on the street is that pre-production on The Hobbit is officially due to begin around August. A fairly large number of people are expected to be hired soon on contracts, to companies like Weta Workshop and Stone Street Studios.

By all accounts it couldn't have come at a better time for many - the last big project here in Wellington went completely belly-up ("Kingdom Come", a recently cancelled project about the life of Jesus Christ), and the recession was hitting people quite hard.

And of course, everyone's rearing to get back to Middle-earth!

- Jack M.

2 comments:

  1. That's great news. I've got a splitting headache but this news has made me feel much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I could be of assistance! I've just come back from the Guillermo del Toro booksigning, and I'm trying to figure out which details I heard tonight that I can actually talk about.

    Rather a lot of it was "off the record" from Weta people who are under confidentiality agreements, but I think I have one or two (semi-)official items... watch the main page in the next hour or so... :)

    - Jack M.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.