Monday 16 January 2012

Been busy!

As you can see, I've updated the look of the NZ Noldor Blog - or as it's now known, "The Noldor, New Zealand". Nice and pretentious, hehe. The link stays the same, don't worry.

I discovered that Google's Blogger service has a few new features, mostly in the background but also some that may prove useful for you, the readers. For instance, it's now possible to reply to comments, and have the replies linked with the original comment. This will make conversations here a lot easier.

The changed blog is still a work in progress, so if there's anything amiss, can you drop me a line please...? (and please note the new address there!)


I've also been working hard on the new website for Welly-moot, the Wellington (NZ) Chapter of the Tolkien Society in the UK. Kris and I have been setting it up here in Wellington, and we'll be arranging regular meetings from now on, every last Sunday of the even-numbered months. The schedule for the meetings are posted on the Welly-moot blog, but for now, the next/first meeting will be on February 26th, 2:00pm at the Embassy Cinema, upstairs in the lounge. Come join us if you have a chance!



I've also managed to take a quick break from LOTR touring last week - Alex and I celebrated our 3rd/7th anniversary (met/got married) by driving up to Matamata and visiting the gorgeous Hobbiton set. On the way there we made a quick stop at Mount Doom (Mount Ruapehu) as well.

I'll try to get more pictures up later (non-disclosure-agreement allowing!), but in the meantime, here's my Gollum face on Mount Doom:



More soon!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you two! :)
    Yep, gorgeous is the correct word for the Hobbiton set, went there on the Professor's birthday. I think I might be back in Wellington by the end of February, so see you then!

    Mervi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to it - you can make it to the first official smial meeting!

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.